Variable friction canyoning descender
The PIRANA descender offers multiple braking options and can be installed on the rope without removing it from the harness. Designed for use with canyoning descent techniques.
- Three different braking positions to select from before beginning a descent
- Two supplementary braking spurs allow friction to be varied during descent
- A carabiner with a cross section of 12 mm (e.g. ATTACHE)provides a tight fit in the small hole, creating a rigid carabiner / descender unit
- Stays securely attached to the harness during rope insertion, to help prevent loss
- Reduces the risk of leverage on the carabiner gate due to poor positioning
- When used correctly, the PIRANA prevents the formation of a lark’s head knot around the body and reduces kinks in the rope, without decreasing braking friction