The Guide Book: Canyoning in the Swiss Alps
Canyoning in the Swiss Alps:
This 544-pages, 16.5cm x 24cm size, book describes in English and in French 121 canyons all over the Swiss Alps with as a bonus some routes in the Swiss Jura Mountains. Furthermore, more than a hundred secondary canyons (109) are mentioned with for all of them a short information.
For more information, please see http://www.openbach.com
The book is divided in 6 geographic sectors, Grisons, Glaris / Saint-Gall, 4 Cantons, Oberland East, Oberland West and Suisse Romande / Jura.
Most of these canyoning routes are described for the first time in English.
This book also includes:
- A general map of all the canyons described or mentioned ;
- A general Index to find each canyon easily;
- At the end of the book, a table summarizing all canyons, with the most important information.
Each of the 121 canyons is described on 2, 4, 6 or 8 pages according the amount of information published.
Each canyon description features:
- A summary band with all the main information about the canyon, such as the interest, the difficulty, approach, descent and return times, the time of the year to do the canyon, the size of the drainage basin,…;
- A detailed description of the access, the approach, the canyon, the return, the commitment and the hydrology ;
- A map to locate the canyon and the accesses;
Lots of color pictures of the canyon.
For around 80 canyons, the profile is also drawn.
Each of the 6 sections starts with:
- A map to locate easily each canyon of the sector and each secondary canyon;
- An index with all the canyons of the area;
- General information such as, where to sleep, the touristic highlights of the area,…;
- Then each section ends with a few pages where all the secondary canyons are mentioned with short information.