Updated on 10 March 2021
- Parties and object
Unit05 IT Services BVBA (hereinafter ‘The Canyon Store’ or the ‘Controller’), Capucienenstraat 14, 3545 Halen
Contact person: Daniel Buvens
The Canyon Store draws up this Privacy Statement, which aims to transparently inform the Users about the website hosted at the following address: www.canyonstore.eu, (hereinafter the “Site”), and about the way in which personal data is collected and processed by The Canyon Store. The term “User” refers to any user, whether it is a natural or legal person, who visits the Site or communicates with the Site in any way. In its capacity as controller, The Canyon Store determines all technical, legal and organizational means and the purposes for the processing of the Personal Data of the Users. The Canyon Store undertakes to take all necessary measures to ensure that the processing of personal data takes place in accordance with the Law of 30 July 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data (hereinafter the ‘Law’) and the Regulation (EU) 2016/67 9 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons in connection with the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (i.e. the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR); hereinafter referred to as the ‘Regulation’). The Canyon Store is free to choose a natural or legal person who processes the personal data of the users at its request and in its name (hereinafter the ‘Processor’ or ‘Subcontractor’). Where applicable, The Canyon Store undertakes to select a Processor that provides sufficient guarantees with regard to the technical and organizational measures for the processing of personal data, in accordance with the Law and the Regulation.
- Processing of personal data
The use of the Site by the Users may lead to the collection of personal data. The processing of this data by The Canyon Store, in its capacity as Controller or by service providers acting on behalf and on behalf of The Canyon Store, is done in accordance with the Law and the Regulation.
Personal data will be processed by The Canyon Store, in accordance with the purposes set out below, using the following methods:
Creation of an account at checkout of the shopping cart, subscribe to the newsletter
- Purpose of the processing of personal data
In accordance with Article 13 of the Regulation, the purposes of the processing of personal data are communicated to the User. These purposes are the following: Placing a cookie with account details, to show that the customer is logged into his account, so that he does not have to log in again and again. When visiting the webshop, a cookie is written with the language preference, so that the customer does not have to choose the preferred language with every click. Website visitor places an item in the shopping cart, a cookie is written to keep the shopping cart when navigating the website. Customers who place an order will receive an invitation to post a review on Trustpilot after 7 days. For this purpose, the name and email is shared with Trustpilot. This is only for the completed orders. This does not apply to failed orders/canceled orders. Our 3PLP (logistics partner), Webship handles the entire logistics process, from goods storage, order picking, packaging to shipping. In order to be able to send the customer’s order, the name, address details, email and telephone number of the completed orders are shared with the logistics partner. In order to be able to ship the customer’s order, the name, address details, email and telephone number of the completed orders are shared with the warehouse. The accounting (annual accounts, VAT administration, etc.) is provided by an accounting firm. To this end, the purchase and sales invoices, as well as the account statements, are transferred to the accountant, so that the VAT return and tax return can be made. An order is created as soon as the customer clicks on the ‘place order’ button. In the order, the customer details (name and address) are taken over, as well as the ordered items/quantities, IP address, payment method and payment transaction number. Orders for which payment was successful are known as completed orders. Completed orders are tracked for 10 years, for the following reason: During a tax audit, the tax authorities can ask to prove that companies’ VAT data has been effectively checked, and ask for proof of shipment (tracking code). This can go back up to 10 years in the past.
- Personal data that can be processed
- Retention period of the personal data of the Users
In accordance with Article 13(2) of the Regulation, the Controller shall retain the personal data only for as long as is reasonably necessary to achieve the purposes for which they are processed.
In all cases, this duration does not exceed 10 years.
- Recipients of data and disclosure to third parties
- User rights
The User can exercise his or her rights at any time by sending a message by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com, or a letter by post, accompanied by a copy of his or her identity card at the following address: Capucienenstraat 14, 3545 Halen.
Right of access
In accordance with Article 15 of the Regulation, The Canyon Store warrants the User’s right to access his personal data. The User has the right to access this personal data and the following information:
- the categories of personal data concerned;
- the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data are or will be provided;
- where recipients are established in third countries or are international organisations, the appropriate or appropriate safeguards;
- where possible, the proposed storage period for personal data or, if this is not possible, the criteria by which this period is established;
- the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, as referred to in Article 22(1) and (4) of the Regulation, and, at least in such cases, relevant information on the underlying logic, as well as the importance and expected impact of such processing on the data subject. The Controller may require a reasonable fee based on the administrative costs for additional copies requested by the User. When the User submits this request by electronic means (e.g. via the e-mail address), the data will be provided in electronic form and for general use, unless the User requests otherwise. The copy of the data will be communicated to the User no later than one month after receipt of the request.
Right to rectification
The Canyon Store guarantees the right to rectification and deletion of personal data to the User.
In accordance with Article 16 of the Regulation, incorrect, inaccurate or irrelevant data may be corrected or deleted at any time. The User first makes the necessary changes from his user account, unless they cannot be made independently, in which case the request can be addressed to The Canyon Store. In accordance with Article 19 of the Regulation, the controller shall inform any recipient to whom the personal data have been provided of any rectification of the personal data, unless such rectification proves impossible or requires disproportionate efforts. The controller shall provide the data subject with information about these recipients if requested by the data subject. The data subject can send an access request to Daniel Buvens, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Right to erasure
The User has the right to obtain the deletion of his personal data as soon as possible in the cases referred to in Article 17 of the Regulation. Where the Controller has made the personal data public and is obliged to delete it pursuant to the previous paragraph, the Controller shall, taking into account the available technologies and the costs of implementation, take reasonable measures, including technical measures, to inform other controllers processing such personal data that the data subject has requested those controllers to erase the connection with such personal data or a copy or reproduction thereof.
The two preceding paragraphs shall not apply to the extent that such processing is necessary:
- the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information;
- comply with a legal obligation to process under Union law or to carry out the law of the Member State to which the controller belongs, or a task in the public interest or in the exercise of public authority entrusted to the controller;
- the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. In accordance with Article 19 of the Regulation, the controller shall inform any recipient to whom the personal data have been provided of any deletion of personal data or any restriction on their processing, unless such disclosure proves impossible or disproportionately difficult. The controller shall provide the data subject with information about these recipients if requested by the data subject.
Right to restrict processing
The User is entitled to a restriction of the processing of his personal data in the cases referred to in Article 18 of the Regulation. In accordance with Article 19 of the Regulation, the controller shall inform each recipient to whom the personal data have been provided of any restriction on the processing carried out, unless such disclosure proves impossible or disproportionately difficult. The controller shall provide the data subject with information about these recipients if requested by the data subject.
Right to data portability
In accordance with Article 20 of the Regulation, Users are entitled to receive their personal data from The Canyon Store in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. Users have the right to pass this data on to another controller without The Canyon Store preventing it, in the cases provided for in the Regulation. When the User makes use of his right to data portability under the previous paragraph, he has the right to have personal data transferred directly from one controller to another, to the extent technically possible. The exercise of the right to data portability does not affect the right to erasure of data. This right shall not apply to the processing necessary for the performance of a task in the public interest or for the exercise of the public authority entrusted to the controller.
The right to data portability does not affect the rights and freedoms of third parties.
Right of opposition and automated individual decision-making
The User has the right to object to the processing of his/her personal data at any time due to his/her specific situation, including the automation of data by The Canyon Store. In accordance with Article 21 of the Regulation, The Canyon Store will no longer process personal data unless there are legitimate and compelling reasons for the processing that prevail over the interests and rights and freedoms of the User, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal rights. When processing personal data for prospecting purposes, the User has the right at all times to object to the processing of the personal data concerning him for such prospecting purposes, including profiling insofar as it relates to such prospecting. If the data subject objects to the processing for prospecting purposes, the personal data will no longer be processed for that purpose. honors or refuses.
Right of complaint
The User has the right to lodge a complaint with regard to the processing of his personal data by The Canyon Store, to the Data Protection Authority competent for the Belgian territory. More information can be found on the website: https://www.gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit.be/.
Complaints can be submitted at the following addresses: Data Protection Authority, Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels. Tel. + 32 2 274 48 00. Fax. + 32 2 274 48 35. Email: email@example.com
The User may also file an action for strike action with the president of the court of first instance of his place of residence.
A ‘Cookie’ is a file that is temporarily or permanently placed on the User’s device when viewing the Site for the purpose of a subsequent connection. Thanks to cookies, the server recognizes the User’s device. Cookies can also be installed by third parties with whom The Canyon Store works. Some of the cookies used by The Canyon Store are necessary for the proper functioning of the Site, others are necessary to improve the User’s experience. The User may modify or disable cookies. By using the Website, the User expressly consents to the management of cookies as described in this article.
Types of cookies and objectives pursued
Different types of cookies are used by The Canyon Store on the Site:
- Technical cookies: these are necessary for the operation of the Site, enable the communication of the entered data and are intended to facilitate the navigation of the User;
- Analytical and public cookies: these cookies enable the recognition of the User and are used to count the number of Users of the Website over a certain period of time. Because they also indicate browsing behavior, they are an effective way to improve the User’s browsing experience by displaying proposals and offers that may be of interest to the User. They also make it possible for The Canyon Store to identify and correct any bugs on the Site;
- Functional cookies: these cookies facilitate the use of the Site by retaining certain entered choices (e.g. username or language).
Retention period for cookies
Cookies are stored for the time necessary to achieve the intended purpose. The cookies that can be stored on the User’s hard drive and the storage period are as follows:
Management of cookies
If the User disables certain cookies, he accepts that the Site may not function optimally. Some parts of the Site may not be or partially usable.
If the User wishes to manage and/or delete certain cookies in this way, he/she can do so via the following link(s):
For Users with a browser:
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
- Microsoft Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10/edge-privacy-faq
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=fr
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/activer-desactiver-cookies-preferences
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411?locale=fr_CA
- Applicable law and competent court