ATK-D canyon descender and belay device
The canyon descender ATK has been developed by the French canyoneer Jean-Claude Schiavinato and has been brought to the market after several try-outs and prototypes.
The ATK-D is similar to the ATK in its braking functions, but the ATKD has been optimized to be positioned at the relay, as a belay device
ROPES: Ropes from 8.5 to 12 mm
MANUFACTURING: Mass-machined, French manufacture. Designed and manufactured in Toulouse, FRANCE
ANTI-ROTATION CARABINER: The shape of the attachment point prevents rotation of the carabiner and thus makes it possible to use it as a belay device
STOP KEY: blocking knot stops fast, simple and easy to inspect. Gradual tension recovery thanks to the braking possibilities
The advantages of ATK:
- Simple and efficient to use
- Easy to use with double ropes, also easy to brake/block your descent on double rope.
- The upper jaw facilitates the management of the braking power without the risk of rope skipping
- The lower jaw is enlarged in order to easily separate the double ropes
- The shape of the ATK was refined to give users good control over the flow of the rope during descent
- Material: high strength aluminum with aviation certificate
- Production: France
- Dimensions: length 125 mm x width 81mm x thickness of 10 mm
- Weight: 125g
- Compatibility: ropes 8.5 to 12 mm (double single and double)
- Design: Jean-Claude Schiavinato (EFC monitor)
Click here to download the instructions for the ATK-D descender and belay device
There are no reviews yet.