Bestard Wildwater Pro
As its name suggests, this is a new very exciting boot for whitewater activities, such as canyoning, rafting, kayaking, etc.
Several customers have been asking us to present a new, complementary boot in the Hidroline family, something between the Canyon Guide and the Aqua Pro, similar to the height and style of boots from Adidas or FiveTen, i.e., a somewhat lower boot than the Canyon Guide (and Canyon Guide Lady).
With this new addition to our Hidroline family, we can now offer the widest range of high quality technical wild-water specific boots the market, with one robust boot with gaiter (Canyon Guide), a mid cut boot (Wildwater Pro) and a low cut shoe (Aqua Pro).
The field tests have gone very well, and the testers highlight its comfort and good grip.
The Wildwater Pro has the same last as the Bestard Canyon Guide: HXW. When Bestard made the Canyon Guide, they used their widest and most spacious last (Europa HXW, where H means High over the wrist, and XW means eXtra Wide). To this last the designer added a supplement of some mm at the bottom, in order to make it really spacious so that people could use 5mm neoprene sock without going up in size.
- Manufactured in H20 Microtech and Cordura, materials used with great success in terms of wear resistance and durability in the Canyon Guide and Aqua Pro
- Cuff made of neoprene and Cordura, offering an excellent combination comfort / softness / support / resistance
- Toe protection made of natural rubber (glued on, no seams)
- Stainless steel metal parts for better resistance to salty water
- All hooks are closed D-rings to avoid risk of getting hooked on any object
- Reflective piece at the heel for better visibility in the dark
- Secure lacing system, with lace lock and a small pouch to hide the knot.
- Sole Vibram Best Idrogrip + EVA
- Insole lined with Poron for more comfort / cushioning. It also allows to use the boot with the removable footbed and normal socks for the approach, and then it would be possible to remove the footbed during the aquatic activity with the neoprene sock, increasing the interior space of the boot, and maintaining a good level of cushioning thanks to the Poron layer.