THE STANDARD FOR 25 YEARS
Acclaimed by emergency care providers and outdoor enthusiasts worldwide (and even beyond the Earth, on NASA space shuttles), the SAM SPLINT is based on an ancient construction principle: curves are strong.
The SAM SPLINT is built from a thin core of aluminum alloy, sandwiched between two layers of closed-cell foam. The SAM SPLINT is extremely pliable. Bent into any of three simple curves, it becomes extremely strong and supportive for any fractured or injured limb.
The SAM finger splint is -as the name suggests- specifically designed to support broken or injured fingers and toes. Its size is 4,7 x 9,5 cm which makes it extremely easy to carry around.
HOW IT WORKS
The reason lies in the physics of curved surfaces the same physics that allows skyscrapers and bridges to be built of I-beams and hollow columns rather than heavy steel pillars. A flat piece of sheet metal bends easily, but if you mold it into any of several structural curves, it becomes much more rigid.
The SAM splint also exists in a larger version, for supporting broken bones.
- SAM Splint regular: 36 inch in length, 4 1/3 inch width (91 cm x 11 cm)
- SAM Splint XL: 36 inch in length, 5 1/2 inch width (91 cm x 14 cm)
BENEFITS AND FEATURES
- Lightweight and compact
- Fastens in place with tape or wrap of choice. No extra equipment is needed.
- Not affected by extreme temperatures or altitudes.
- Closed-cell foam allows easy cleaning and disinfection. Material compatible with all standard cleaning solutions.
- SAM Finger Splint: 4,7 x 9,5 cm
WHO USES THE SAM SPLINT?
From outer space to the depths of the ocean, in all conditions of weather and terrain, the SAM SPLINT is the emergency splint of choice for:
- EMS personnel
- Military medics
- Athletic trainers
- Ski patrols
- Wilderness rescue teams
- Outdoor adventurers
- Safety engineers
See the SAM Splint in action:
See some training videos: https://www.sammedical.com/training/sam-splint-training