Professione canyon’s new descender.
Born to simplify all types of maneuvers in canyons.
EN 15151-2 : 2012
Descender and belay brake
WHY GIGIO ?
- It has all the advantages of the classic 8, and none of the defects
- It is perfect for beginners in the basic modalities and is an excellent companion for expert canyoneers and guides, for advanced progression, assistance and rescue techniques
- Using it in the classic way, you will no longer have to worry about the potential danger of a cow hitch forming on the descender; with GIGIO it is impossible for it to form.
- It is versatile and easy to use. It is possible to modulate the friction at least at 17 different levels, according to the weight of the user, the thickness and stiffness of the rope, and the conditions of practice
- It does NOT have any hooks or bumps to get entangled with ropes, backpacks, or other canyoners’ gear.
- It has NO sharp corners where the rope can get stuck
HOW WE MADE GIGIO?
We made GIGIO of aeronautical aluminum, Ergal AL7075, which is lighter and much more resistant than the alloys normally used for canyoning descenders.
We have chosen a “hard” anodic treatment that protects the aluminum more thoroughly. This treatment gives the aluminum a base color that does not allow light pigmentation (blue, pink, red, green, etc.), so we chose to “color” it opaque black. This pigment is inherently fragile, and easy to scratch or mark with carabiners or other objects.
Therefore, the minor scratches and scuffs that will appear upon first use are a feature and not a defect. We have chosen to focus on substance, because we believe it is more important that GIGIO is how each of us would like it to be: strong inside!